Turkmenistan Adventure Tour 11N/12D
Ashgabat-Turkmenbashi-Yangisuw-Gozli Ata-Serdar-Western Karakum-Derweze-Central Karakum-Gonur Depe-Mary-Ashgabat
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure Tours
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
With Silk Road Travellers, discover the Turkmenistan Culture Tour. We offer a range of Turkmenistan Culture Tour that take you through the varied culture, religion, architecture, train tour, customs and tradition of various Central Asia Country and states.
By far the most mysterious and unexplored of Central Asia’s ‘stans, Turkmenistan became famous for the truly bizarre dictatorship of Saparmyrat Niyazov, who ruled as ‘Turkmenbashi’ (‘leader of the Turkmen’) until his death in 2006. Niyazov covered this little-known desert republic with golden statues of himself and grandiose monuments to the achievements of his ‘golden age’. But the least-visited of Central Asia’s countries is far more than the totalitarian theme park it’s often portrayed as being – it is an ancient land of great spirituality, tradition and natural beauty.
The ancient cities of Merv and Konye-Urgench inspire visions of caravans plodding along the ancient Silk Road, while the haunting beauty of the Karakum Desert and other quirky natural phenomena are less expected but equally mesmerising. The full Turkmen experience is ultimately about mingling with the warm and fascinating Turkmen people themselves, whose hospitality is the stuff of legend.
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass)
- Road transport in private air-conditioned vehicle, mini buses, regular or SUV/4WD as per table (pls. see table below for seating capacity)
- Accommodation based on shared double hotel room, tents, including breakfast
- English/Spanish/Italy/French-guide-interpreter services
- Entrance fees to sites mentioned in the program
- Meals B/L/D
- Domestic flights: Ashgabat-Turkmenbashy, Mary-Ashgabat
- Bottled water 1,5 ltr pppd
- Turkmenistan tourist visa from 55+2 USD per person, when obtained at land borders (subject to change; nationality dependent)
- Turkmenistan migration tax 10+2 USD per person, to be paid at land borders (subject to change)
- Photo/video fees at historical sites and museums
- Tips for local guide(s) and/or driver(s)
- Souvenirs and other personal items
- All other charges and services not mentioned under “Included”
- Carpet Museum is closed on Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- National Museum is closed on Tuesdays
- Weekend Bazaar (aka Tolkuchka or Altyn Asyr Gundogar Bazaar) is best visited on Sundays, when there is an additional livestock section. On Mondays-Wednesdays and Fridays this bazaar is closed, but other city bazaars are open (no photography permitted)
Arrival in Ashgabat
Arrival by flight xxx (depending on airline used). Transfer to hotel. Check-in from 13:00h. Rest day at leisure. Overnight in hotel.
Ashgabat – Turkmenbashi
Departure from hotel lobby for city tour, including visits of Sunday Bazaar, Independence Park, Neutrality Arch, Ferris Wheel, Wedding Palace Viewpoint and Turkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum. Transfer to airport for evening flight to Turkmenbashi. Transfer to hotel. Overnight in hotel.
Turkmenbashi – Yangisuw
Drive to Yangisuw Canyon. Rest day to explore Yangisuw area on foot. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents in Yangisuw area.
Yangisuw – Gozli Ata
Drive from Yangisuw to Yangikala Canyon. Time to explore the canyon area. Picnic lunch on the way. Late afternoon transfer to Gozli Ata pilgrim site. Dinner and overnight in common gender-shared rooms at pilgrim house.
Gozli Ata – Serdar
Drive to Serdar Town via Balkanabad Town and with visit of Parau Bibi pilgrim site on the way. Overnight in motel.
Serdar – Western Karakum
Drive through Karakum Desert to Balishem desert village, partly along the ancient Uzboy River bed, and with visit of Ygdykala Parthian fortress remains on the way.
Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents near Balishem settlement.
Western Karakum – Derweze
Drive through Karakum Desert to Darwaza gas crater. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents at Darwaza.
Darweze – Central Karakum
Drive through Karakum Desert to Murzachirla desert village, with visit of Damla village on the way. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents near Murzachirla village.
Central Karakum – Gonur Depe
Drive through Karakum Desert to Gonur Depe archeological site. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents just outside the archaeological park area.
Gonur Depe – Mary
Drive to Mary town. Afternoon at leisure to visit town center, bazaar, history museum. Overnight in hotel.
Mary – Ashgabat
Morning visit of Merw (UNESCO) historical Silk Road park. Afternoon flight to Ashgabat. Transfer to city. Overnight in hotel.
Departure from Ashgabat
Transfer to airport. Departure by flight xxx (depending on airline used).